Thanks for tuning in! This is an interview with Eskil Nordhaug, inventor of StayblCam. Inventing has interested me since I was a kid, so I was really excited to talk to Eskil about his experiences.
Eskil started out as an affiliate marketer promoting offers on Google AdWords and Facebook. From there he ventured into the world of dietary supplements as a product owner/creator. Pursing his interest in inventing something, he created the StayblCam. This podcast really motivated me because it's a great example of using skills learned as an affiliate in other business ventures.
If you look at Eskil's invention, you might think (like I did) he had employees or outsourced different parts of his business. What's so cool in this story is that he did the majority of work himself, using skills he learned as a marketer. In this episode we talk about:
- How he got into affiliate marketing
- What lead from affiliate marketing to product owner, then inventor
- How he thought up the StayblCam, and the steps he took to design and create it
- Finding companies to build the physical product, and the costs associated with that
- Patents – what you need to know
- How he built a successful Kickstarter campaign
- The simple techniques he used to get massive press coverage
- What skills from his affiliate marketing days helped him make this a success
I want to thank Eskil for taking the time to do this interview, and being so generous with his knowledge!