All forum members are also Aff Playbook affiliates. Currently the affiliate program is only open to forum members. The reason is that I want people promoting the forum who know what a good value it is.
This is a quick overview of the affiliate program and how you can use it.
Why should you promote Aff Playbook?
The affiliate program has been very successful simply because people get so much value out of the forum. It’s easy to promote something you like, and that you know would be a good investment for people. Remember that people not only get access to the forum, but the entire suite of Aff Robot tools!
How much can you make?
The affiliate program pays 50% recurring commission for life. That means if someone signs up under your affiliate link for the $67/month plan, you make $33.50 every month they stay a member. The retention rate is excellent.
Retention currently averages 6-8 months per member. So just one member you refer could be worth several hundred dollars. Some affiliates refer members who stay even longer. Feel free to look around, and you’ll see plenty of members who have been active since 2010! There are a few affiliates who haven’t actively promoted the program in years that I still pay out a good amount to each month!
You also get 50% recurring commission on the 6 month and 1 year membership plans.
If you think all my top affiliates are well known bloggers, or people with huge lists, you’re wrong! Surprising as it sounds, many of the top affiliates use simple promotional techniques and make a killing.
How can you promote the forum?
I’m not going to out anybody’s exact promotional methods, but I’ll share some of the things I see doing well:
- Posting about the program on a blog you own. Some people mention the forum in their posts, do a review, have a banner/link in the sidebar, link to it in a tools/resources section.
- Posting on forums. There are plenty of free forums out there to post on. You can use a link in your signature, or make a comment about the forum and invite someone to contact you if they have any questions. You could even purchase advertising space on a forum.
- Facebook. With so many creative ways to target on Facebook, it’s a great way to reach people.
- Google AdWords/Bing. You can go after affiliate marketing keywords, or really anything we have information on. ‘Learn Teespring’, ‘Build datafeed sites’, ‘start a consulting business’. Many opportunities here.
- PPV (yes, there’s some irony there)
- SEO – Plenty of keywords to go after here
- Warrior forum WSO’s. I’ve seen people do well offering free or cheap WSO’s (like a simple PDF on something) and promote the forum through that. I believe you can buy ads on the Warrior Forum now too which I haven’t seen anyone try yet, so it might be a great opportunity.
These are just a few ideas. I’m proud of the fact we have info on so many aspects of affiliate/online marketing. You can advertise to people who want to learn paid traffic, SEO, datafeed sites, consulting, Teespring, etc. Take some time to look around the forum at all we offer, and you’ll realize how many potential audiences you can market to. You can also talk about all the tools they get access to in Aff Robot including the landing page builder, spy tools, and many more.
The forum is almost 5 years old, and there’s a ton of content here. Right now, there’s over 110,000 posts! These are all things you can talk about in your promotions.
Are there any rules?
Just a few:
– Cookie stuffing is not allowed
– No self referrals (you can’t sign up using your own affiliate link)
Right now that’s it. I may add more rules in the future, but for now it’s wide open so go for it before I add more!
Getting Your Affiliate Link
Click on the Affiliate Info tab then on ‘get banners and links’
You’ll be taken to a page where you can grab your affiliate link:
There are some premade banners to use. You can download these and link them using your affiliate link, or use the code provided:
If you want any special banners made, let me know. The best performing banners are usually the ones people make themselves.
Payment is made via Paypal by the 5th of every month for the previous month’s commissions. Make sure to set your Paypal email here:
You can view your stats by clicking on the Affiliate Info tab, then ‘review your affiliate statistics’.
I think that covers it! Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to contact me if you need anything!